Sunday, September 14, 2008

Close Scare.....

So pools are very scary. We know this and we have very strict rules about the pool. But sometimes things happen. Saturday, Makayla had a friend over to play for her birthday. They went swimming with the boys. Hunter didn't swim long ( he always wears a life jacket) so neither did dad. He stayed outside though to watch the kids. I was canning Salsa so I stayed inside. I went out to give Jarred a towel and visit for a minute. Hunter was playing in the backyard with the bikes and stuff. Jarred and and I was talking when all of a sudden Jarred says why is Hunter in the Pool? I have know idea what happened next except I was grabbing Hunter out of Jarreds arms and he was choking. He coughed a couple of times and then was crying hysterically. I was amazed how quickly all of this happened. Jarred has very quick reflex's I think it took him about 1 sec to get into the pool to get him. Jarred is very shook up about the whole thing and says he will be haunted by Hunters panicked look on his face. We are both very glad that Jarred was prompted to look into the pool because who knows what would have happened in a minute longer.... We have know idea how he got in with out us hearing him and how long he was in there.We are hoping that this scares him a little because he had know fear before now. He didn't talk for a while after all this happened but seems to be doing fine.
Hunter has had a rough month. We took him to an Allergist.( He had a reaction to a granola bar when we lived in Vegas) We found out that he is severely allergic to Cashews and almonds. So we are know are supposed to carry an epipen with us at all times. Which this is crazy to me because I have had a nut allergy for years and I just know how to stay away from them . But that is hard for a two year old to understand. So we are waiting for some blood work to come back to see if we turn into crazy protective parents. The blood work we tell us how severe it is. Hunter also had surgery on Tuesday. Hopefully know more ear infections!!! Jarred and I are looking forward to reclaiming our bed without Hunter in the middle. But now he seems to have started having nightmares. I think he just loves sleeping in our bed because now he wants to take naps in there also.

8 comments:

Tanner Fam said...

How scary! I know people bag on other people who have lost kids to drowning...but it's true, you have NO idea and it happens so fast. We waited for the pool until this year, to avoid that as much as possible. ANYHOW..so I found your blog from Megan's and saw you added me, so in retailiation, I am adding you to mine. :)

Laura H said...

Amanda that was scary. Glad everything turned out ok. We sure miss your family.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Amanda, oh my goodness! I am so glad that Hunter is okay. The pool just really really scares me. It seems no matter how cautious you are, you have to be more. They are fun, but just freak me out! Thank goodness Jared reacted fast. In those cases I am a very slow mover. I clam up big time.

Also, poor Hunter! That little guy is having to deal with a lot lately.

Natalie said...

How scary! You always think your kids know not to get in the pool, but you never know. I'm going to be much more careful with our pool. I'm glad Hunter's OK. You will love the tubes. It made a huge difference in Sydney. Good luck! Natalie

Nicole said...

That sounds awful. Glad everything is okay.

Mer said...

Oh my gosh! That brought back so many memories for me when that happened to Brayden. I am glad Jarred saw him in there and reacted so fast. Brayden did the same thing with the not talking. It has been over a year and he just randomly says something to me about that day. Quite a few months ago he said", mom when I was falling in the water," I said Trenton help me." That made me so sad. I am glad you did the tubes in his ears hopefully it gets better,I know how much you struggled with the ear infections.

The Royal Family said...

AH CHILLS! Terrible. I am glad it turned out ok. I can't imagine how scary that would be!

Daphne's Extras said...

Reading this was like having the whole thing flash before my eyes.
I'm glad everything turned out okay.
I've been around that and it's a very harrowing experience.
You are very fortunate.