Sunday, January 25, 2009

Deep thoughts!!

Wow -Have we had a crazy end of the month. I have been really thinking about the cycle of life these passed few weeks. We are born, we live, and we die. Sometime I think we might feel that people die when it isn't their time. And it doesn't seem fair! Morgan Palmer is one of these special spirits that was returned to her Heavenly Father earlier than everyone hoped. She was only 7. We just got home from her funeral. It was hard even though I knew it was her time to go. She was our step niece, we didn't know her that well. But she was a very cute girl. She had a brain tumor that was inoperable and dealt with that for a year before she passed. I think the saddest thing for me was watching her older sister say goodbye. I could not stop crying! Imagine a 9 year old saying good bye to her sister and best friend! It was heart breaking. My prayers are with her family.

We now have a funeral of Jarred's Great Grandma. She is the last great great grandma that my kids have. She is 94 and has been ready to go for a while. Well heavenly Father has called her home on Tuesday. I think of this woman as such a trooper. She was always busy doing something and so stubborn that she could do it her self. I remember her saying that she would cut down this huge pine tree all by her self and that was just a few years ago. She was an amazing Woman. We love her and will miss her! But we are happy that she is with her Husband after all these years.

Back to the cycle of life. It is amazing to me that we are always saying goodbye to some spirits and getting to meet new spirits. We will be adding a new spirit to our family in August! We are very excited. This will complete our family. I have always felt that the people that pass before us are taking care of our children in heaven. I don't know how it all works but that is how I have felt since Jarred lost his Grandma and Grandpa Mason. We had been married for a little less than a year and we were taking about starting a family. We were at the funeral and I was feeling a little sad that none of our kids will get to meet them. As soon as I thought it- the thought came that they would take care of my kids until they came to me. It is amazing how the Holy Ghost works.

Thanks for letting me share my thought with you I am so gratful that I have such wonderful friends and family to support me through this Life!

(Ps- This is the most I have ever wrote so I am good till next year.)

10 comments:

beth said...

Congratulations! I'm really excited for you!
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of loved ones, but it sounds like it has brought a great perspective to you and your family.

The Royal Family said...

CONGRATS! Aug. how fun! I am in Aug. it's a good month!

Unknown said...

Sorry to have so much sad news mixed in with the exciting news, but congratulations. I heard about all your funerals from Leann.
We'll be so excited to welcome this new little one into the world!

Tanner Fam said...

Funerals are such a bittersweet. I love of the simple truths they remind me of, but it is never easy to see suffering. On the flip side, congratulations!! I'm glad we will get to go through the experience with you. Let me know if you need anything.

Stevenson's said...

Sorry to hear about your losses. Yes, that's so heart breaking to think of a 9 year old sister saying bye to her 7 year old sister. So sad. But CONGRATS! on your bun in the oven! Hope you have a great pregnancy especially because you think it's your last.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the new baby. I believe also that my baby is being taken care of by my grandparents that passed away in the last two year.

Emily said...

I am sorry to hear about your losses, but so excited for your new baby! Congratulations! I was thinking about you the other day, I drove by the telephone pole on state street = remember that!! I am excited for this new one in your family! You are a great mom!

Susan Engar said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your loved ones. The good news is that we will see them again and of course that really didn't hit home for me until I lost my mom. What a comfort it is to know they are happy and taken care of on the other side and we will see them again. I believe they watch and take care of our little ones until they come to earth so on that note....CONGRATS on your bun in the oven........how exciting!!!

Hunnie said...

Tears of saddness, tears of joy. My kids always ask why people are crying in church--they get it, but they don't get it. Much like this cycle of life we are in I think! I am sorry and congrats!

Liz Prisbrey said...

Hey Amanda! I don't know how I missed this post. I try to keep on top of everyones. I just wanted to say sorry for your loss. Also, congratulations on # 4!